Fruitland Grange History
The Fruitland Grange was organized on April 21, 1932, by thirty-five charter members. In 1934, Fruitland Grange purchased land to build its own facility where the Grange is currently located. Meetings were held in the Woodland School from 1932-1938 then moved to the Collins Grange building.
The first building committee was appointed in March 1935. Clearing the land started in 1936.
The land for the Fruitland Grange was cleared, building designed and built with volunteer labor by Grange members. The building was completed in late 1938 at a cost of $10,000.
On February 14, 1939, Fruitland Grange members held a Valentine dinner in the new hall. It was the hall's first use. The first regular meeting was held in the new Fruitland Grange hall on February 17, 1939.